Admission to Lyceum Kennedy is selective and is based on factors which include previous school performance, teacher recommendations, discovery days, commitment to bilingual education, and behavior.
To enroll in our nursery, a child must be at least 3 years of age on or before December 31st. In addition, all children must be able to use the restroom independently (training pants and pull-ups are not allowed in the program).
To enroll in our Pre-Kindergarten program and our Kindergarten program, a child must be the appropriate age on or before December 31st. However, prospective students with birthdays after December 31st may be evaluated for admission under certain circumstances.
For children who already attended a preschool program, we request the following:
- Submit previous report cards or progress report (if available)
- The applicant’s current teacher must complete and submit Evaluation Form Nursery – Grade 1 in a sealed envelope.
- All applicants should participate in a half-day or full-day Discovery Day visit if possible. This is an informal assessment of the applicant’s developmental readiness.
To apply for admission to our Elementary program, students must meet the following admission criteria and requirements:
- Submit report cards or progress reports from the past two years.
- The applicant’s current teacher must complete and submit the appropriate Student Evaluation Form in a sealed envelope (Evaluation Form Nursery – Grade 1 / Student Evaluation From Grade 2-5)
- Have a basic understanding of the French and English languages.
- Complete a Discovery Day visit.
Middle School & High School (Manhattan Campus)
Students applying to our Middle or High school must meet the following admission criteria and requirements:
- Able to do grade level work in French.
- Fluent in French (written and spoken).
- A basic understanding of the English Language (written and spoken).
- Submit a letter of intent.
- Provide report cards from the past two years.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from two separate teachers.
Please visit our Admissions Process page for a step by step application guide.